The second edition of FRESH EYES is open for submissions until April 5
GUP Magazine presents the second edition of FRESH EYES, a platform that celebrates the best photography talents in Europe. It is a book presenting the 100 greatest emerging photographers the continent has to offer to be launched in June. FRESH EYES brings talent to the attention of galleries, museums, commercial and photography agencies, media companies and institutions that work with imagery.
GUP Magazine (Guide to Unique Photography) is an international publication on photography, connecting its communities with the sharpest conceptual photography, the latest photo books and events, and compelling writings about the contemporary world of photography. GUP has focused on the most exciting developments and emerging talents in photography since 2005.
FRESH EYES draws the attention of some of the most important contacts around: from photography lovers to professionals working in museums, galleries, media, agencies and much more. By including only photography talents born or based in Europe, FRESH EYES provides a European guide, but it’s just as much an international platform. Your career in photography might be kick-started by FRESH EYES.
The FRESH EYES jury is composed of experts in the international photography field:
- PAULINE BENTHEDE, director of exhibitions at Fotografiska Stockholm.
- CHRISTOPHE LALOI, founder of Voies Off Arles.
- FRANCESCA MARANI, photo editor of Vogue Italia.
- ROY KAHMANN, founder of GUP magazine, GUP New, Kahmann Gallery and Haute Photographie.
- CATERINA MESTROVICH, associate director at Atlas Gallery in London.
How it works
All emerging photographers born or based anywhere in Europe are welcome to apply. After the deadline a jury of specialists will go through all applications and select the 100 best. The chosen photographers will get a spot in the book, receive 3 copies, and be presented as a young talent by GUP Magazine anywhere from internationally renowned museums to art galleries, curators, magazines and newspapers, photo agencies and other influential organisations.
Also, some of the photographers can be selected for:
- HAUTE TALENT – 5 Talents will be selected to participate in Haute Photographie (Amsterdam, September 17-20 2020) being presented as Haute Talents.
- GUP EDITORIAL AWARD – Full editorial presentation on the website of GUP Magazine;
- International festivals/fair presented as FRESH EYES/GUP talent;
What are the costs?
Submitting is free. Only if you are selected, the cost for participation is €300 excl. VAT. The organization does not make profit from the requested fees, which are invested in the production, design, and distribution of the book.
Deadline: Saturday 2 January 2021 at 23:00h
Deadline: Sunday 28 July 2019 at 12:00h
Type: offering / offering
Deadline: Tuesday 30 June 2020 at 00:00h
Type: searching / searching
Deadline: Thursday 30 July 2020 at 22:00h